I started this tunic top at the end of Summer 2013 and got nearly finished with it until the sleeve did not fit right and the armholes were way too small, so I put it down and didn’t pick it up until this weekend. I finally finished it as I want to wear it this summer and I am trying to get through some of my UFO’s (unfinished objects) that I have started and never completed. So, I proceeded I rip out all the armhole stitches, cut the armhole opening a little deeper, and reattached the sleeve. From there, just the finishing touches of the hem was all I needed to do. Why I didn’t complete this sooner is an attest to my tendency to procrastinate and my shorter than desired attention span!
I used McCalls 6702 pattern using the sleeve of Simplicity 2339 for a tab sleeved 1/2 placket tunic. The fabric is a lovely silk/linen blend from Mill End Store in Beaverton, OR and the little silver buttons used on the sleeve tab are from Button Emporium in Portland, OR. I was going for the look of this top I pinned on Pinterest:
The top turned out nice, but the fit could be a lot better through the chest and the armhole. Next time, I will cut it looser in this area for ease of movement.
I will be wearing this tunic throughout the summer and may even attempt another one as I like the ease and wearability of this tunic style. I have some more linen, some cotton voile, and even some silk fabric in my stash that I can use that will be perfect for this look.
Thanks for reading! Now, back to my sewing room for the next project awaiting completion!